The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is an open-world role-playing action video gameplay that has become so popular throughout the world. It’s evident that, with Skyrim, you’ve experienced the feeling of exploring a vast universe that is full of countless opportunities and quests. There are other games like Skyrim.
If you have played Skyrim for a long time and want to explore something new, then this will give the same familiarity as Skyrim but a different game. So don’t worry as we will show you some of the best games similar to Skyrim that will satisfy your need for adventure.
Best 10 Games Like Skyrim
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is action-adventure gameplay. You should try this if you’re a Skyrim fan because this is one of the best games in the past year. The game offers some quite amazing features such as a detailed environment, fluid combat environment, and surprising interactions.
You can experience a vast world that is ready for a great exploration. You are allowed to use either swords or magic, whatever you like to defeat the monsters who are making troubles in the world.
- Excellent story
- Can install modifications to the game and also build your characters and elements.
- Elegant and colourful character models
- Amazing environments and sceneries
- Game system and story both have good combination
- Faster and more fluid fighting
- Few people complain about too much inventory management
- Long loading times
- Need a really good Computer to run it with high graphics
- Slow map/inventory
You can also read: Best Games Like Age of Empires
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is an open world, action and adventurous RPG gameplay. When it comes to The Elder Scrolls franchise, Skyrim is the most popular game among gamers. But if you haven’t played any other title in this franchise, then you have to try this one as well.
It offers a closer experience to Skyrim and quite impressive and realistic. It even uses artificial intelligence for adding life to non-playing characters. Elder Scrolls Online is an older version which is also really good. I can recommend both games by Elder Scrolls as very good alternatives to Skyrim. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion works on Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360.
- Suitable for people who like action-oriented games
- Amazing graphics
- The story is not dull because there are tons of stuff to do
- The background learning is pretty awesome
- A large number of sudden glitches
- The main story is general and boring.
- The leveled booty system can be frustrating
- Animations look like very limited
- Artificial intelligence is pretty dull responsive
- Have to wait for many levels to get proper rewards
Dragon Age: Inquisition is the 3rd edition of the series and it is very addictive like Skyrim. It is a decent game and has many positive feedbacks from the people who played it. Some say the story is a bit long, but I didn’t feel it as an issue.
- Good role-playing game
- Amazing graphics
- Multi ended RPG single-player game
- The main story is general and boring.
- The map is bit bigger
Kingdom Come: Deliverance story in the Kingdom of Bohemia in the early 15th century. If you’re seeking a game like Skyrim, then Kingdom Come. Deliverance is also must-try gameplay that features many elements that you’ll find in an immersive action RPG. Kingdom Come: Deliverance works on Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox.
Kingdom Come is a first-person RPG game with swords, bows, quests, horses, and leveling skills character is very similar to Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.
The role-playing mechanism challenges many modern game traditions with its medieval world.
The initial version of the game contained many errors, but after the release of several patches, it became more stable.
Despite criticism from players and journalists, Kingdom Come is able to deliver incredible new emotions to fans of the genre.
- Huge nice open world
- Unique and original experience
- Incredible historical background experience
- Historically-based without damage to the game
- Wonderful battle play
- The save system is ridiculous
- Bugs come
5) Dark Souls 3
This is the 3rd edition of Dark Souls series and as my experience this the best one. First, I thought it might be a boring game, but after I start playing, I felt it’s an incredible game. I love the bosses in this game and combats are pretty good (not easy).
Dark Souls 3 role-playing game was created in an action genre with complexity and it attracts gamers with its hardcore combat system and I’m sure you will definitely start loving it.
Deadly enemies and lack of safe places made this game one of the most difficult RPG games in the last decade.
- The combat engine is really good
- A challenging game
- Good graphics and music
- Has many hidden areas to discover
- Better if it has more spells
- Maybe bit hard for a beginner
Reckoning is one of the best games like Skyrim and very popular as an open-world fantasy RPG game. The combat system and class system is pretty good. Its features gradually unlocked with the quests and experience you gained.
- Good graphics and colorful
- I really like the combat modes
- The music perfectly fits the areas
- Bit too easy
- No dark or good side like other games like Skyrim
It is a role-playing action game (RPG) developed by Capcom. It is an exciting open-world game with amazing treasures and monsters. It’s quite an interesting game, but Skyrim has a better open world system compared to this. Dragon’s Dogma resembles Skyrim and the Devil May Cry series.
The game has a massive open world with slasher battles, exciting adventures, and elements of horror. The role-playing system allows the player to choose nine classes with unique abilities that change the fighting style of the character.
The combat system of this game allows the player to attack at weak points of the enemy while effectively moving.
The main storyline of Dogma takes up to 100 hours to complete, including side quests. I’m sure that this game will fascinate all RPGs fans and new players in this genre.
- Good graphics
- Combats with monsters are very interesting
- Has some AI issues
- Story is bit boring
This is one of the exciting action role-playing games like Skyrim. The story is awesome, and I love the way everything planned. Fighting with massive orcs is very addictive, and you will start feeling like you are in the Lord of The Rings.
Middle-earth has both single-player and online modes. The story occurs after the events of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. The game is filled with many missions, and they are divided into quests that you need to complete at any cost, using your combat abilities, skills of stealth, and dexterity.
- Good graphics
- Better story
- There are some story lines which don’t have any sense
Red Dead Redemption based on a unique, western-looking environment. Its characters hold a similarity to the Indians in the cowboy attire wearing that cap and carrying that gun and horsewhip with a horse. The game set in an era like 1911, which gives you a feeling of being Indiana Jones. The game is mainly about being a government slave and killing gang members every time. It runs on platforms including PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.
- Everybody can get a horse
- PC gamers can get this game experience
- Marvellous visuals with voice acting
- A funny and lovely scenes inside of the game surrounding
- The game was overly buggy due to a wrong port
- Many people download illegal copies of PC games instead of buying them.
- Controls of Mouse & Key are a bit much
- Animations are sometimes very slow
- Eternal screen Loading
Assassin’s Creed has become so much popular within a short time. So it was attracted by almost all the game lovers across the globe. The game set in like the time around 1190, where it was the era of the Crusades’. Assassin’s Creed, which offers stealth-based battles base on that Piece of Eden. In the gameplay, the Knights Templar and assassins have endless fights. Assassin’s Creed works on platforms such as PS 3, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One.
- Good main story
- Beautiful graphics and Large world
- Wonderful ship battles
- The vast collection of weapons and equipment
- A lot of useful abilities
- Beautiful backgrounds and visuals
- Excellent fight
You can also read:Best Games like Clash of Clans for Android / IOS
Final Words on Games Like Skyrim
The above list contains the best games similar to Skyrim that you’d love to play and that you should play at least once. You’ll enjoy the missions and gain experiences. You’ll have the power to become stronger and take down the vigorous and fierce opponents that you’ll meet. We’re sure that you won’t ever regret playing any of these.