Diablo series has been a favorite of most gamers in the world. It’s a combination of flashy skills and slaying hordes of demons and compelling loots. It is about action RPG hack n’s lash games like diablo. Many of the games that I mentioned below are in early access by now.Looking for Best Games Like Age of Empires?
Top 10 Similar Games Like Diablo
1) Titan Quest
Titan Quest is an addictive action RPG game, and you will start loving its traditional elements and mythological representation of Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Mesopotamia. I like the epic storytelling about the earthly hero with gods and titans. And also instead of typical fantasy, this game creates prejudices of our ancestors.
From the gaming point of view, Titan Quest perfectly matches to the Diablo. Hordes of monsters, frighteningly powerful bosses, an abyss of orphaned equipment that does not go into inventory, fight in person with mythical creatures – that’s all we love. SO, I must say this is one of the best alternatives to the Diablo.
2) Torchlight Frontiers 2020 (renamed to Torchlight III)
It is not a simple hack n’ slash RPG like Torchlight 1 and 2. Still, instead of a single-player or co-op experience, Torchlight Frontiers is a persistent shared world.
- Thousands of players can meet and play, hunt for gear, level their characters.
- It’s a torchlight 3, and it the same time it’s an MMO. Anyway, if you Okay with the MMO fact, then I must inform you that the game will be free.
- You can sign-up for the Alfa test right now and hope to get the key.
- No Early access.
3) Grim Dawn
One of the most popular games, like “Diablo 3”, constantly updated and improved by its creators (Crate Entertainment). It is an open world dark fantasy game with very interesting storytelling with beautiful graphics and effects.
Similar to the games like Diablo, Grim Dawn has a large selection of weapons, armors and accessories, many different enemies, including bosses and champions. Another thing I love about this game is it allows combining any two of the classes into one hybrid.
4) Path of Exile
This is a very similar game to Diablo series in terms of surrounding and the gameplay quality. From the beginning of the game, you will have to face black magics, ancient dark cities, and living corpses.
The game offers you to select a character with a deeply developed pumping system. Fighting skills comes with unique stones that can be collected by knocking out of opponents or buying from merchants. It has very nice graphics and it’s a free game.
5) The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 1, 2 & 3
Abraham Van Helsing is a famous evil hunter, and I’m pretty sure most of you may have watched the movies. The game’s surroundings are appropriate: dark, covered with fog, mountain ranges, and dark forest areas of fictional Borgovia, where Helsing will have to fight packs of various creatures.
There are three classes called mage, warrior and shooter, plenty of different types of equipment, and also various tasks will give you incredible RPG gaming feeling.
If you have completed part one, you must try parts two and three with more incredible adventures, more enemies, items, quests, and many more. As the basic concepts of the game remained unchanged, these also can be recommended for games like Diablo.
6) Victor Vran
Victor Vran is a perfect example,e for the words “demon hunter”. The Haemimont Games develop this, and it is most similar to Diablo 3.
Victor Vran does not have the usual system of character classes. And there is a huge selection of weapons: divided into seven types, and armor, which determines the style of the game, giving the hero a set of unique attacks.
The gameplay of Victor Vran is highly dynamic: the hero can dodge enemy attacks, quickly move around locations, and even jump.
7) Book of Demons
Building elements in this game look like a board game version of Diablo.
You can choose one of three classes. Before you move into the combats, you will need equipment spells, abilities, gears, and consumables, and all of them are tied into the card system, and you will need to pick and choose what will fill out your deck.
8) Sacred 2 Gold
Another worthy replacement for Diablo and you will feel it as soon as you start playing this. It was originally released for ps3 Xbox 360 and Windows back in 2008. However, the Gold Edition came out sometime in 2012. Actually, the gold edition is really good compared to the first release. It has unique heroes (even better than the Diablo 2) combinations of skills and spells and even a horse!
9) Last Epoch (2019)
Last Epoch is an RPG type action game by Eleventh Hour Games. It was produced for PC, and its creation was possible thanks to a successful crowdfunding campaign on kick starter. Game is scheduled to release in this year, but early access is already available.
- You can select between five basic character classes, such as Rogue, Mage, Sentinel, Acolyte, and Primalist.
- Every basic class can choose from the three masterclasses as an example; An Acolyte can become Lich, Warlock, or Necromancer.
- Fifteen different classes await you.
- Less end game content
- No quest direction
- The knights look like a Ken doll. And moves like one.
10) Lost Ark (2020+) – Games like Diablo
Unreal Engine powers lost Ark, and it started to develop secretly by Tripod Studios with their 150 employees. Their target to release it for the Korean Market. The better news is for those who can read and understand Russian, because, for some reason, Koreans may decide to make the first foreign release in Russia.
- Excellent graphics and nice gameplay
- You can do PvP if you are not PvE Hero (R1 Rank required first to start Ranked PvP)
- No endgame, at least not a real endgame.
- Sadly, there is no news when the English version will come out; only the talks will happen eventually. Game is available only in South Korea.
11) Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem (Feb 2020)
Wolcen is a good-looking game. At least it could be one if developers finished it one day. The game’s early access started in 2016, and it’s still in there.
- You can fight with cool looking monsters
- It has excellent skill tree battle system and gorgeous graphics
- No Online Game or Party Game
- No End-game Direction.
- Game is too Easy with Plague talent and blade storm.
- Dodge is impossible to time if you are bashing keys.
12) Pagan Online (Aug 2019) – Games like Diablo
Game is in early access, and by now, it seems that more than half of the game is in place. Leveling Experience is here, but Pagan online is a bit different from other early access games. If you are tired from Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Diablo 3.
- You will find tons of missions. Bit of campaign and many builds to explore
- Some say that even now Pagan online can offer about 100 hours of playtime
- No loot boxes, no microtransactions, everything is obtainable by playing the game.
- You have to play it always via online
13) Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Prophecy (May 2020)
Martyr game (previous original), wasn’t a success story according to Metacritic site. The game has a user score of 6.6, but this was probably enough to be a profitable game and under development. Warhammer is a standalone expansion, and you don’t have to have a previous part to play it. Still, if you have the game, your old character will be transferred from the Martyr to the Prophecy.
- New class available, Tech-adept inquisitor (enhance units in battles)
- New co-op campaign mode, enemy races, redesigned loot system,
- Faster action RPG-focuses gameplay and new items
- The cover system is not working as it should.
- They are destroying the cover in basically 1-2 shots. However, devs are fantastic, and they will flood the game with content regularly over time.
14) Eitr (2020+)
Eitr is an action RPG built around exceptional combat and exciting challenges set within the mythological Norse world. When checking the music and saw the dark setting of the game is impressive. It looks like this pixel art game is genuinely an art. The game is dark and gloomy. When games like colorful Fortnite dictate the fashion of other games, everyone tries to be as bright as possible. It’s too early to discuss Pros and Cons about Eitr.
15) Gatewalkers (2020) – Games like Diablo
It is an indie co-op survival game that tells the story of the Gatewalkers who can teleport to other mysterious lands, each of which differs in its climate and elements. This game is about exploring a randomly generated world and not available yet with any form (Early Access Q3/Q4 2020).
- You have to survive by fighting and facing bad weather conditions with many creatures
- You have to face cold & thirst, which means you have to find food, water, and wood.
- Sad, because every mysterious land looked precisely the same.
16) Naxia (Nov 2019)
A fantasy world where Angles and Demons wage eternal war. Well. It could not get more Diablo’ish than that. You have to choose between four playable characters with unique skills and fighting styles and fight for humanity.
- Each playable character will progress through a unique storyline with character-specific interactions and dialogues.
- You can uncover the power of Rage Form – a combat ability that allows you to shape-shift into a divinely powerful inhuman monster and eradicate your foes.
- Controlling issues at the moment
- Combat feels floaty and clunky (Not much)
- It needs exciting itemization and a more complex and robust character progression system.
It’s a classic fantasyland that is powered by magic. Monster army ’s leader known as Arch-Illagner. This game offers brave adventures. Their mission is to protect the village that hs become this villain’s target. It might be a total hit a way to lure the younger generation to our dark action RPG side.
- You will explore dungeons, swamps, and canyons full of dangers. You’ll have to avoid pitfalls and fight monsters.
- There is no character development